Saturday, July 31, 2010

Artists Showcase- 1

I’ve decided to start a new feature on my Supergirl blog: an artists showcase. There are many phenomenal artists on DA, and I want to feature those artists who have drawn me Supergirl pieces that I’ve commissioned.

The first artist I want to feature is Jill Dykxhoorn! She is a wonderful artist who captures character and mood so well in her artwork. And this is what Jill created:



Please click on the art for a larger version.


Kara’s face and expression grab the viewer’s attention immediately. Supergirl is a bright and positive teenager who genuinely cares and wants to help others, and this art conveys those qualities beautifully. She looks like a true blue hero! And check out her hair style with the wisp of hair shaped like an S! The flying pose is very graceful, and the blurring effect adds a sense of speed. The coloring itself is so bright and vibrant, and shows what kind of hero Supergirl is. And the 1984 movie costume style is rendered fantastically! It is among my favorite Supergirl costumes, and I love the timeless quality of it.

Finally, I have permission to post the art here, and the art work is copyright of Jill Dykxhoorn. Please check out Jill’s DA by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment